Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts explains why President Biden needs to stop brushing off what’s happening at our borders.
Just days after President Joe Biden dismissed the opportunity to take a closer look at the U.S./Mexico border in Arizona, a massive number of migrants managed to cross over into the United States elsewhere.
Fox News reports that hundreds of migrants made their way into El Paso illegally, with their numbers totaling over 2,500.
This comes on the heels of Mexican police escorting nearly 20 buses full of migrants into the nearby Mexico city of Ciudad Juarez, which is close to El Paso. While many have been taken into custody, questions are being asked surrounding others.
But this situation is the latest that shows just how little the government – namely President Biden’s administration – is doing to support Border agents. Joining us now is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Michael currently serves as founder, CEO and president of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships.
His expertise should prove useful in this matter.
- Just how bad is the situation for our Border Agents right now, especially in light of what recently took place in El Paso?
- Why is President Biden and his administration not doing that much to support Border Agents?
- This comes on the heels of actions from over a week ago, where Biden refused to visit a nearby U.S./Mexico border in Arizona because he had “more important things” to do. Could this situation make him regret that statement, or will he continue to brush it off?
- If you were in charge of making sure border patrols were properly staffed, how would you go about it? What other funding would you apply to make sure they could do their job?
- Do you think the situation regarding migrants illegally getting into this country will get worse in 2023?
- You’re the driving factor of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- We understand that InVest USA is also actively involved with Twitter. Where can interested parties learn more?
Those interested in what I do on Twitter can do so on the official Invest USA account.