InVest USA’s Michael Letts asks what New York City can do for the officers that had to leave their ranks following New York’s vaccine mandate.
For some time now, New York City has had a vaccine mandate in effect, forcing many workers to take safety precautions against COVID-19. However, over 2,000 city workers, including police officers were fired over the controversial mandate.
Now, a Supreme Court judge has knocked down the mandate, ruling it to be unconstitutional and capricious before labeling it “null and void.”
Chad LaVeglia, an attorney on the case, noted, “For all the brave men and women who have been our first responders and have been brave through all this are now free, and you should be able to go back to work.” However, there’s been no word about the many employees who lost their jobs over the mandate, and whether they would be able to recover their jobs.
Speaking with us now is Michael Letts, who has over 30 years of law enforcement under his belt. Michael currently serves as founder, CEO and president for InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise should prove worthwhile in this matter.
- Why do you think New York City put such a strict vaccine mandate into effect in the first place? Were they so worried about COVID spreading that they made it mandatory?
- How angry are you that several employees – including police officers – lost their jobs over refusing the vaccine? Do you side with the judge, who called the mandate “unconstitutional”?
- Do you believe those employees are more than qualified enough to get their jobs back – and maybe even some severance for the inconvenience the city has put them through?
- Since COVID a couple of years ago, New York City has seen a massive loss in NYPD officers, with many quitting due to long shifts and other stressful elements. Considering what they were going through, should the city have been more lenient with demanding they take a vaccine for COVID?
- Now New York appears to have a problem hiring new officers. Has the mandate set a bad standard for the city – and is there any way they can recover from it?
- Tell us more about InVest USA, and how it’s helping police officers, especially in their time of need. We believe you’re interested in donating some vests to the police in Bristol, correct?
- Where can we learn more about In-Vest USA, and how people can contribute to the group?